About this course
Despite our best efforts, there will be occasions when a patient complains. Handling complaints effectively is an essential skill for every member of the dental practice team.
This course is a GDC Recommended CPD Topic (Complaints Handling).
This course is relevant to the whole dental team.
CPD Time: 1 hour (1 CE Credit)
Customer feedback on this course
- Lots of information and an excellent refresher.
- I found this very useful, in particular how making small adjustments in practice can help go a long way in reassuring patients and helping them through the process.
- Great module. Very professional and comprehensive.
- Fundamental topic, very well presented and explained.
- Excellent course with easy-to-understand language.
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in complaints handling, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to update members of the dental team with current best practice in managing complaints.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will:
• understand the background on how complaints can arise.
• understand how to prevent negative feedback from becoming a formal complaint.
• apply the techniques from this course to ensure complaints are handled correctly.
• adopt a patient-centric approach to complaints handling, based on the patient journey.
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes:
A B D
Complaints handling in dental practice | Why do patients complain? | GDC and CQC rules | In-house complaints procedure | Patient-centric complaints management | Contemplation | Making the complaint | Staying informed | Outcomes | Patient Reflection | Indemnity | Practice reflection
You can copy and adapt this example PDP entry for your own needs and circumstances. The format complies with GDC guidance on PDP structure.
|PDP Learning or Maintenance need|
|How does this relate to my field of practice?|
|My job is patient-facing|
|Which development outcome(s) does it link to?|
|A B D|
|What benefit will this have to my work?|
|Perform tasks that are required for my normal role/duties.|
|How will I meet this learning or maintenance need?|
|Take the Verified Learning course on Complaints Handling|
|When will I complete the activity?|