All personal information you provide to us will be treated as private and confidential. Verified Learning may compile data in aggregate form so that it may better understand users who visit the Website. For example, we may produce reports on the most popular search terms by collecting general search term data based on individual searches. Aggregate data is anonymous and does not contain any personal information which identifies users. Verified Learning may send you e-mails to notify you about new services on offer, updates and features on the Website.
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Pages visited and courses completed
- Payments made
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the purpose of providing and verifying CPD courses you take, and letting you know about new courses.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the Payment Gateway service you use when purchasing our courses.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing [email protected]
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our servers that use the secure sockets layer protocol to protect communication from unintended recipients.
We normally keep your personal information, including your CPD certificates, for 15 years. We will then dispose your information by deleting it from our databases. You may request earlier deletion.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected]
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
ICO Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
- User login
In order to keep you logged into our website, we store cookie and session information on your computer.
We use third party cookies in order to produce reports on our website traffic and usage behaviour. We do not store any personally identifiable information.
Some of our cookies are used to simply collect information about how visitors use our website and these types of cookies collect the information in an anonymous form.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, please leave this site immediately and then delete and block all cookies from this site.