About this course
Patients deserve to be treated in an environment free from the risks of infection with consistent standards of care every time they receive treatment. This course covers infection control in the dental treatment room.
This course is a GDC Highly Recommended CPD Topic (Disinfection and decontamination).
This course is relevant to the whole dental team, particularly those involved in assisting or undertaking operative dentistry.
CPD Time: 1½ hours(1.5 CE Credits)
Customer feedback on this course
- I have enjoyed this module and have revisited it several times as I am returning to practice and need to test myself. It is really well put together and makes the reader think about good practice.
- Helped me to update members of the dental team with current best practice in infection control.
- Great course, definitely learnt some new stuff.
- This is a wonderful module, it takes a compulsory subject and makes it very interesting.
- Full of information, excellent delivery of subject
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in Infection Control, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to update members of the dental team with current best practice in infection control, with special emphasis on operative dentistry.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will:
• recognise the importance of infection control.
• understand the basic science that underpins infection control.
• understand how it is applied in the dental surgery clinical environment.
• become aware of the importance and implications of infection control as it relates to patients, visitors, staff, and the general public.
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes:
B C D
Infection control in operative dentistry | Microorganisms | Standard Infection Control Precautions | Vaccination for Hepatitis B | Vaccination for COVID-19 and Influenza | Bacterial spores | Viruses | Fungi | Prions | Legionella and Amoeba | Hand hygiene | Hand washing and drying | Gloves | Personal Protective Equipment | Zoning | Dental waterlines | Single use items | Body fluid spills | Sharps injuries | Clearing up
You can copy and adapt this example PDP entry for your own needs and circumstances. The format complies with GDC guidance on PDP structure.
|PDP Learning or Maintenance need|
|Controlling cross infection in the practice|
|How does this relate to my field of practice?|
|Infection control is fundamental to safe dentistry|
|Which development outcome(s) does it link to?|
|B C D|
|What benefit will this have to my work?|
|Perform tasks that are required for my daily role/duties.|
|How will I meet this learning or maintenance need?|
|Take the Verified Learning course on infection control in operative dentistry|
|When will I complete the activity?|