About this course
Dental staff in the UK are required by law to be "IRMER Trained". This law applies to everyone involved in taking and/or processing radiographs, not just GDC registrants. This course covers the essential role of quality assurance, including clinical audit in dental radiology and radiography, knowledge required by The Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017.
This course is a GDC Highly Recommended CPD Topic (Radiography and radiation protection).
This course is relevant to the whole dental team.
CPD Time: 1 hours (1 CE Credit)
Customer feedback on this course
- I liked this short and easy way of learning about quality assurance.
- This CPD was highly informative and beneficial.
- Simple and reassuring approach to clinical audit in the field of xrays.
- Very interesting and helpful course.
- It's a top quality course and I learnt enormous amount of knowledge. Many thanks.
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD IRMER Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in Radiological Quality Assurance in line with their identified personal development requirements.
• to teach the principles and practice of quality assurance, in line with the theoretical knowledge requirements of the IRR and IR(ME)R laws and current professional recommendations.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will:
• know how to effectively apply Quality Assurance principles and interventions to dental diagnostic radiology.
• understand diagnostic reference levels.
• learn how to routinely monitor radiograph quality
• know how and when to implement a multi-cycle clinical audit of dental radiographs.
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
IRMER Quality Assurance in Radiography | The Quality Assurance process | Equipment performance: the X-ray set | Diagnostic Reference Levels | Processing QA | Quality monitoring | Monitoring and auditing radiographs | Multi-cycle clinical audit | Stages of clinical audit – the first cycle | Stages of clinical audit – the second cycle