About this course
IRMER requires that all X-ray examinations must be justified on an individual patient basis by demonstrating that the benefits to the patient outweigh the potential detriment. This course covers Radiological Justification, and is designed for dentists and DCPs with radiological training.
This course is a GDC Highly Recommended CPD Topic (Radiography and radiation protection).
This course is relevant to dentists, and DCPs who have radiological training.
CPD Time: 1 hour (1 CE Credits)
Customer feedback on this course
- Very good quality course, covers all aspects of clinical justification.
- Clearly explained about requirements in every department of dentistry and also the advantages and disadvantages of different types of radiation techniques which is very helpful .
- I certainly felt the CPD course was highly informative and beneficial.
- This module is amazing with so much of information.
- Very well organised and written module. .
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD IRMER Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and understanding of Justification in the context of Radiation Protection, in line with their identified personal development requirements.
• to teach the knowledge required to implement and comply with the justification requirements of Radiography and Radiation Protection, in line with the theoretical knowledge requirements of the IRR and IR(ME)R laws and current professional recommendations.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will:
• understand the principles and clinical reasoning of radiological justification.
• be able to apply these principles to individual patients and view selections.
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
IRMER Radiological Justification | Benefits and detriment | The UK Rules | Case examples | Referral Criteria | Justification for Caries | Assessing Caries Risk | Justification for Periodontitis | Justification for Endodontics | Justification for Extractions | Justification for Orthodontics | Justification for Implantology
You can copy and adapt this example PDP entry for your own needs and circumstances. The format complies with GDC guidance on PDP structure.
|PDP Learning or Maintenance need|
|IRMER training compliance in radiological justification|
|How does this relate to my field of practice?|
|I am involved in dental radiography/radiology|
|Which development outcome(s) does it link to?|
|What benefit will this have to my work?|
|Perform tasks that are required for my daily role/duties.|
|How will I meet this learning or maintenance need?|
|Take the Verified Learning IRMER radiological justification course|
|When will I complete the activity?|