About this course
Dental staff have an obligation to ensure they are trained in the management of medical emergencies, and updated regularly.
This course is a GDC Highly Recommended CPD Topic (Medical Emergencies).
This course is relevant to the whole dental team.
CPD Time: 2 hours (2 CE Credits)
Customer feedback on this course
- Very comprehensive and well-explained topics.
- Good easy to understand course, great refresher.
- I loved this module, it was very clear and concise and informative.
- Excellent resource, the videos really bring the theory to life and aid learning and concentration.
- Very thorough, easily followed and simplified advice for emergencies.
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Verified Learning course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in medical emergencies, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to help the learner recognise and manage the variety of medical emergencies that may arise both within and outside the Practice
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will:
• know of and understand the various medical emergencies that might arise in and out of dental practice.
• recognise the signs and symptoms of different types of medical emergencies.
• know about and be able to undertake their management.
• know how the risks of a medical emergency occurring can be reduced for individual patients.
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
A B C D
Non-cardiac medical emergencies | Essential Drugs Kit | Assessment of the sick or unconscious patient | Syncope (fainting) | Allergies | Anaphylaxis | Asthma | Seizure | Diabetic emergencies | Adrenal Insufficiency / crisis
You can copy and adapt this example PDP entry for your own needs and circumstances. The format complies with GDC guidance on PDP structure.
|PDP Learning or Maintenance need|
|Non-cardiac medical emergencies|
|How does this relate to my field of practice?|
|I must be prepared for the risk of medical emergencies both in and out of the practice|
|Which development outcome(s) does it link to?|
|A B C D|
|What benefit will this have to my work?|
|Perform tasks that may be required and expected in my profession.|
|How will I meet this learning or maintenance need?|
|Take the Verified Learning course on Non-cardiac medical emergencies|
|When will I complete the activity?|