About this course
Safeguarding vulnerable adults is everybody's duty. For healthcare professionals, it is also a legal requirement. This enhanced CPD/CE course takes you through what you need to know and do to meet your GDC, CQC, and NHS requirements.
This course is a GDC Recommended CPD Topic (Safeguarding).
This course is relevant to the whole dental team.
CPD Time: 3 hours (3 CE Credits)
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
CQC level 2 safeguarding requirement: minimum 3 hours safeguarding training every 3 years (combined adults and children).
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course s to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in safeguarding vulnerable adults, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to update members of the dental team with current best practice in Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
Anticipated learning outcomes
The learner will:
• Know how to recognise, respond to and how to share safeguarding concerns.
• Understand how to contribute to inter-agency assessment by gathering and sharing information.
• Have a clear understanding of how vulnerable adults can be helped to access support.
• Understand the requirements of the Care Act 2014.
• Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
• Through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC development outcomes
The care act | Local authority duties | Safeguarding aims | HCW responsibilities | When you have concerns | Duty of Care | The 6 Safeguarding Principles | Categories of Abuse | Raising a concern | Holistic Assessment | Sharing and Recording | The Mental Capacity Act | Assessment of Capacity | Best interests | Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards | Domestic Violence and Abuse | Female Genital Mutilation | Human Trafficking | Modern slavery | Extremism and Radicalisation | Prevent & Channel | Preparing the practice | CQC Requirements
You can copy and adapt this example PDP entry for your own needs and circumstances. The format complies with GDC guidance on PDP structure.
|PDP Learning or Maintenance need|
|Safeguarding vulnerable adults|
|How does this relate to my field of practice?|
|Which development outcome(s) does it link to?|
|A B D|
|What benefit will this have to my work?|
|Perform tasks that may be required and expected in my profession.|
|How will I meet this learning or maintenance need?|
|Take the Verified Learning course on Safeguarding Adults Level 2|
|When will I complete the activity?|