About this course
Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults is a legal requirement for dental staff. This 3 hour enhanced CPD/CE course meets the CQC requirement for 3 hours training every 3 years.
This course is a GDC Recommended CPD Topic (Safeguarding).
This course is relevant to the whole dental team.
CPD Time: 3 hours (3 CE Credits)
Customer feedback on this course
- The course was engaging and detailed information was given under each segment
- Excellent course - clear & concise
- A really good reminder of my responsibilities involved in safe guarding children and adults
- Clear factual informative course, thankyou.
- Very well explained, covered all of the topic well.
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
CQC level 2 safeguarding requirement: minimum 3 hours safeguarding training every 3 years (combined adults and children).
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to update members of the dental team with current best practice in Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults to Level 2.
Anticipated learning outcomes
The learner will:
• Know how to recognise, respond to and how to share safeguarding concerns.
• Understand how to contribute to inter-agency assessment by gathering and sharing information.
• Have a clear understanding of how vulnerable adults can be helped to access support.
• Understand the requirements of the Care Act 2014 and the Children Act 2006.
• Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
• Through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC development outcomes
Safeguarding children | Harming children | The Safeguarding Policy | Vulnerable Child Groups | Warning signs of child abuse | Signs of Child Physical Abuse | Signs of Child Emotional Abuse | Signs of Child Sexual Abuse | Sexual Exploitation of Children | Child neglect | Safeguarding vulnerable adults | HCW responsibilities | The 6 Adult Safeguarding Principles | Categories of Abuse | Raising a concern | Information Sharing and Recording | The Mental Capacity Act 2005 | Domestic Violence and Abuse | Female Genital Mutilation | Trafficking and Slavery | Extremism and radicalisation | Preparing the practice | CQC Inspection
You can copy and adapt this example PDP entry for your own needs and circumstances. The format complies with GDC guidance on PDP structure.
|PDP Learning or Maintenance need|
|Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults|
|How does this relate to my field of practice?|
|Which development outcome(s) does it link to?|
|A B D|
|What benefit will this have to my work?|
|Perform tasks that may be required and expected in my profession.|
|How will I meet this learning or maintenance need?|
|Take the Verified Learning course on Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Level 2|
|When will I complete the activity?|