About this course
Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from harm. It is everyone’s responsibility. Dental professionals are additionally required by law to keep children safe. This enhanced CPD/CE course takes you through what you need to know and do to meet your GDC, CQC, and NHS requirements.
This course is a GDC Recommended CPD Topic (Safeguarding).
This course is relevant to the whole dental team.
CPD Time: 3 hours (3 CE Credits)
Customer feedback on this course
- Excellent course, this is the best safeguarding module I have taken. Well explained through videos.
- Very informative and comprehensive.
- This has been an excellent source of information presented in a clearly understandable format.
- The videos were extremely good and realistic. They give a much better insight into what the different types of abuse are and how they occur.
- Seeing real case reports made it very clear how one individual can make a huge difference in a child's life. It was good to see how the process works after reporting rather than just how to report.
Assessment: 12 MCQs. Pass mark 75%. more…
On passing the assessment you will immediately receive a GDC-recognised Enhanced CPD Certificate.
Access: You will have access for 12 months, and can take the course as often as you wish in this period.
CQC level 2 safeguarding requirement: minimum 3 hours safeguarding training every 3 years (combined adults and children).
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in safeguarding children, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to update members of the dental team with current best practice in Safeguarding Children, to Level 2.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will
• Know how to recognise, respond to and how to share safeguarding concerns.
• Understand and recognise the barriers regarding engagement and compliance by children, young people and their families
• Understand how to contribute to inter-agency assessment by gathering and sharing information
• Have a clear understanding of how families can access support
• Know how and when to consult with a safeguarding lead
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
A B D
Introduction | Safeguarding and the CQC | When harm is suspected | After a referral | Safeguarding Policy | Childrens needs | Vulnerable Groups | Warning signs of abuse | Signs of Physical Abuse | Signs of Emotional Abuse | Signs of Sexual Abuse | Sexual Exploitation | Child-on-child sexual abuse | Neglect
You can copy and adapt this example PDP entry for your own needs and circumstances. The format complies with GDC guidance on PDP structure.
|PDP Learning or Maintenance need|
|How does this relate to my field of practice?|
|Which development outcome(s) does it link to?|
|A B D|
|What benefit will this have to my work?|
|Perform tasks that may be required and expected in my profession.|
|How will I meet this learning or maintenance need?|
|Take the Verified Learning course on Safeguarding Children Level 2|
|When will I complete the activity?|